Canada's vision for Defence
Canada’s vision will provide Canada with an agile, multi-purpose combat-ready military, operated by highly trained, well-equipped women and men, secure in the knowledge that they have the full support of their government and their fellow Canadians.
- greater safety for at-risk populations;
- better performance of peacekeepers;
- greater engagement of women in communities in conflict;
- a renewed emphasis on the role of police; and
- more effective operations, particularly in francophone countries.
- enables Canadian instructors to teach and gain experience at allied training centres;
- hosts foreign instructors at the centre;
- will meet the criteria for LEED Silver certification.
- Canada’s vision for defence, outlined in Strong, Secure, Engaged, included a commitment to create a new Cyber Operator occupation.
- The new Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Cyber Operator occupation has been created and the first Cyber Operators were inaugurated on November 3, 2017.
- Canadian Air Defence Identification Zone now aligned with Canada’s sovereign airspace
News release: May 24, 2018
- Backgrounder: Canada's New Vision for Defence
June 7, 2017
- Date modified: