Integrating Australian Jets into the Current Royal Canadian Air Force Fighter Fleet
Canada recently announced its decision to purchase Australian F-18 aircraft to supplement the current fleet of fighter aircraft. These aircraft are of similar age and design to Canada’s CF-18 fleet and can be integrated quickly with minimal modifications, training and infrastructure changes.
In order to integrate these aircraft into Royal Canadian Air Force’s (RCAF) operations, the following steps will be taken. Once complete, the aircraft purchased from Australia will integrate seamlessly with the current CF-18 fleet.
- Backgrounder: Integrating Australian Jets into the Current Royal Canadian Air Force Fighter Fleet
- News Release: Canada announces plan to replace fighter jet fleet
- Backgrounder: Engagement with Industry and Allied Partners
- Backgrounder: The Procurement Process Defined: Replacing Canada’s CF-18 Fleet
- Backgrounder: Ensuring Economic Benefits for Canada
- Backgrounder: The Role of Canada's CF-18 Fighter Fleet
- Fighter Jets
- Date modified: