Airspace Coordination Center Modernization
The project will improve the Airspace Coordination Center capability by modernizing, replacing or augmenting elements of the existing systems to improve integration into the Military and Civilian Airspace Control Systems.
The project will replace the current vehicle platforms with an upgraded Light Armoured Vehicle configuration and introduce a baseline shelter variant for flexibility of deployment. The project will modernize the existing sensor fusion computer suite and data link radios to provide improved joint network interoperability. This improved network communication will increase voice and data capabilities linked into a broader range of Canadian Armed Force and allied platforms for both domestic and international operations. The project will also introduce a training simulation capability.
Several contracts were awarded to satisfy the project requirements. The approximate value of the project is $40 million.
$50 million to $99 million
Anticipated Timeline (Fiscal Year)
- Completed Start Options Analysis
- Completed Start Definition
- Completed Start Implementation
- 2019/2020 Initial Delivery
- 2020/2021 Final Delivery
Defence Capability Areas
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence
- Cyber, Electronic And Irregular Warfare
- Joint Support & Sustainment
- Training and Simulation
Defence Capability Investment Areas
- Decision Support Tools
- Deployable C4I Systems
- Fixed Communications Systems
- Information Management Tools
- Networks and Network Support
- Electronic Countermeasures
- CIS Support
- Logistics Vehicles
- Maintenance and Repair Equipment
- Shelter and Support Systems
- Commercial Pattern Vehicles
- Vehicle Parts and Components
- Emerging/Advanced Training Techniques
- Simulation Software
Key Industrial Capabilities
To be determined.
Do you have any questions or comments about the Defence Capabilities Blueprint? The DCB is managed by the Directorate of Capability Integration at National Defence. To help us connect you with the appropriate subject matter or technical expert, please select whether your query is related to the DCB in general, is related to a project, or if you require technical support. If you request follow up, we will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 7 working days.
- Date modified: