SNR will provide an internet protocol networking capability via UHF radio that is mobile, self-configuring, and automated. The system will reduce the RCN’s reliance on SATCOM, provide a backup to SATCOM IP Networking, and increase our interoperability with allies.
Subnet Relay (SNR) to provide An Internet Protocol (lP) networking capability via wideband UHF radio that is mobile, self-configuring and automated; An increased interoperability with our allies in a coalition IP tactical networking environment; and a backup and complementary to SATCOM IP networking A contract for this project was awarded to Rockwell Collins in May 2009. The acquisition value of this project is $2.9 million.
Under $20 million
Anticipated Timeline (Fiscal Year)
- Completed Start Options Analysis
- Completed Start Definition
- Completed Start Implementation
- Completed Initial Delivery
- 2021/2022 Final Delivery
Defence Capability Areas
Defence Capability Investment Areas
- Data and Bandwidth Management
- Fixed Communications Systems
- Networks and Network Support
- Portable Communications Systems
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Marine sub-systems and Platform Management Systems
- Maritime Specific Services
- Satellite Subsystems
Key Industrial Capabilities
Do you have any questions or comments about the Defence Capabilities Blueprint? The DCB is managed by the Directorate of Capability Integration at National Defence. To help us connect you with the appropriate subject matter or technical expert, please select whether your query is related to the DCB in general, is related to a project, or if you require technical support. If you request follow up, we will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 7 working days.
- Date modified: