Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel (MCDV) - Integrated Position Keeping System (IPKS)
The purpose of the MCDV IPKS project is to deliver outstanding MCDV position keeping capability. The project objectives are to:
- design, procure, install, integrate, test, spare and implement Integrated Position Keeping System (IPKS) in up to 12 of the KINGSTON Class ships, fitting the ships with a bow thruster and an integrated control system;
- meet the maintenance and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) requirements for the new system; and
- train operator and maintenance personnel, and procure or create appropriate training software and training documentation.
This project will fulfil the requirements described in the MCDV Technical Statement of Requirements (TSOR).
A contract for this project was awarded to SNC Lavalin as part of the MWAV In-Service Support Contract. The estimated value of this project is $ 25 million.
$20 million to $49 million
Anticipated Timeline (Fiscal Year)
- Completed Start Options Analysis
- Completed Start Definition
- Completed Start Implementation
- 2019/2020 Initial Delivery
- 2023/2024 Final Delivery
Defence Capability Areas
Defence Capability Investment Areas
- Navigation Systems
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Propulsion Systems and components
- Ship parts and components
Key Industrial Capabilities
Do you have any questions or comments about the Defence Capabilities Blueprint? The DCB is managed by the Directorate of Capability Integration at National Defence. To help us connect you with the appropriate subject matter or technical expert, please select whether your query is related to the DCB in general, is related to a project, or if you require technical support. If you request follow up, we will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 7 working days.
- Date modified: