Consolidate Training and Support Facilities - Halifax
Consolidate Training and Support Facilities.
This project will better accommodate and consolidate the infrastructure for the seamanship training, the supporting Junior Ranks’ quarters and the morale and welfare activities centre located at the Stadacona and Windsor Park properties of Halifax. Recapitalize & Consolidate at CFB Halifax’s Stadacona site:
- Jr NCM Accommodation / Dining-Galley / Mess facilities. DONE
- Selected Morale & Welfare program activities (CANEX & SISIP). DONE
- Naval Fleet School (Atlantic) Seamanship Division training facilities. UNDERWAY
- CFB Halifax Drill Shed.; UNDERWAY
- Shift location of the Stadacona Main Gate. DONE
- Demolish 10 buildings (6 @ Windsor Park / 4 @ Stadacona). DONE Overall net space reduction:16,133 m2 (Demo 47,871 m2 / Build 31,738 m2 new).
- Cost: $155,701,209 (excl. HST).
Contractor: Pomerleau Inc. (Montréal)
Contract award date: Mar-2-2012
Contract amount: $68,831,347.13
Contractor: Bird Design-Build Construction Inc.
Contract award date: Oct-14-2015
Contract amount: $41,615,226.08
Contractor: Pomerleau Inc. (Bedford)
Contract award date: Aug-25-2014
Contract amount: $3,762,423.93
Contractor: Aaffinity Contracting and Environmental
Contract award date: Mar-5-2015
Contract amount: $484,360.00
Contractor: Dexter Construction Company Limited
Contract award date: Jun-22-2015
Contract amount: $1,236,566.00
Contractor: Capital Demolition and Environmental
Contract award date: Nov-17-2015
Contract amount: $374,239.50
$100 million to $249 million
Anticipated Timeline (Fiscal Year)
- Completed Start Options Analysis
- Completed Start Definition
- Completed Start Implementation
- Completed Initial Delivery
- 2021/2022 Final Delivery
Defence Capability Areas
Defence Capability Investment Areas
Key Industrial Capabilities
Do you have any questions or comments about the Defence Capabilities Blueprint? The DCB is managed by the Directorate of Capability Integration at National Defence. To help us connect you with the appropriate subject matter or technical expert, please select whether your query is related to the DCB in general, is related to a project, or if you require technical support. If you request follow up, we will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 7 working days.
- Date modified: