Military Family Resource Centre Funding
Sherry Romanado, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, on behalf of Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan, recently announced $6 million per year in new funding to modernize the Military Family Services Program and provide additional support to military families. The modernization and additional support is part of the broader Comprehensive Military Family Plan outlined in Canada’s Defence Policy, Strong, Secure, Engaged, the goal being to augment support and services and enhance family life for Canadian Armed Forces members and their families.
The announced funding will benefit military communities across Canada, as MFRCs expand the programs they offer to military members and their families including services such as child and youth programs, health care access, mental health services, community integration and outreach, and deployment and relocation support.
- News release - Improved Mental Health Support Services for Military Families
- News release - National Defence announces increased support to military families
- National Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services
- Military Family Services
- Military Family Resource Centres
- Backgrounder – Military Family Resource Centres
- Date modified: