Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel (MCDV) - Degaussing
The purpose of the MCDV Degaussing project is to deliver outstanding MCDV degaussing capability. The project objectives are to:
- remove the obsolete degaussing control panels currently fitted in three KINGSTON Class ships;
- procure, install, integrate, set-to-work, test and spare new degaussing control panels in up to 12 KINGSTON Class ships, fitting each ship with three control panels and power supplies (mounted in a single vertical cabinet) complete with all interconnecting power, control, and communication cabling;
- meet the maintenance and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) requirements for the modified system; and
- train operator and maintenance personnel, and procure or create appropriate training software and training documentation.
This project will fulfil the requirements described in the MCDV Technical Statement of Requirements (TSOR).
A contract for this project was awarded to L-3 MAPPs Communications Inc. in 2011. The acquisition value of this project is $4.6 million.
Under $20 million
Anticipated Timeline (Fiscal Year)
- Completed Start Options Analysis
- Completed Start Definition
- Completed Start Implementation
- Completed Initial Delivery
- 2020/2021 Final Delivery
Defence Capability Areas
Defence Capability Investment Areas
Key Industrial Capabilities
Do you have any questions or comments about the Defence Capabilities Blueprint? The DCB is managed by the Directorate of Capability Integration at National Defence. To help us connect you with the appropriate subject matter or technical expert, please select whether your query is related to the DCB in general, is related to a project, or if you require technical support. If you request follow up, we will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 7 working days.
- Date modified: